martes, 23 de julio de 2013

Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family

Hello English classmates. Today I’m going to write about a building that I like. I'm a big fan of the artistic work of Antoni Gaudi, not only of his drawings and artworks but also its architecture. When I was at school I wanted to study architecture to design work as he designed. My favorite building is the Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family, or more commonly known as the Sagrada Famila. The Sagrada Familia is a large roman catholic church in Barcelona, Spain and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Sagrada Familia was begun in 1882 and is not yet finished. Antoni Gaudí took over the project in 1883 and completely changing it. From general sketches of the building, Gaudí improvised the construction as he went along, he took over the project until his death in 1926. The Sagrada Familia does not blend at all with the surrounding architecture because it has an enormous dimension which makes it a stunning building for passersby, but I must say that it is the only building of Gaudí in Barcelona. I discovered the Sagrada Familia when I was in college and I had to make a presentation in class about this building, I hope someday I can travel to Barcelona and visit the Sagrada Familia.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario